Sunday, April 8, 2007

It was worth the effort

3 weekends worth of pretty hard digging and the allotment is now ready for planting. In fact I have already started.
The 1st and 2nd early potatoes have gone in as well as beetroot and spinach seeds.
Next week I need to get some farmyard manure for the unplanted part ready for the main crop of potatoes in about 3-4 weeks time and many more seeds.
The raspberry and gooseberry bushes are already showing signs of new leaf so they managed to survive the winter and so did the rhubarb.

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

I love bare earth. I am a great destructive gardener.

Are those the raspberries in the foreground of the picture on the right? Theyr'e looking much healthier than mine (the 3 of the 6 that survived that is).

DeeJay said...

Yep that's them. They were newly planted lastyear so I am hoping for a much better crop this year