I was in the U.S., Connecticut to be exact, last week for a series of meetings.
- I got food poisoning on the plane or in the airport lounge on the way out
- The temperature was around -6 degrees before the wind chill factor that took it to -13 degrees
- they were a tough set of meetings
- I took the dreaded overnight red eye flight home so that I could be home in time for the Aison Moyet gig and hardly got any sleep
- I arrived home with a cold that was being shared by several people in my meetings (how kind!)
She performed for almost two hours with classics such as Love Letters, That ole Devil, All Cried Out and Only You. She was quick to point out that although the Flying Pickets had the number one spot with the latter it was Yazoo that did it first even though only getting to number two.
Incidentally Alison and Nick Clarke are getting Yazoo (Yaz for my American readers) back together again for a tour starting in March 2008.
Did I mention red-eye just now, well to cap the week off, I managed to poke myself in the eye this morning and now have a very bloody eye.
Mrs DeeJay took me out for a birthday celebration dinner last night (it's actually tomorrow) and that was really good even though I was having to wipe my nose every ten minutes :-)
Back to the office tomorrow for only a week before we are off skiing in Italy where the snow is still good. I can't wait!