Monday, January 8, 2007

In Retrospect a Good weekend …… BUT

Why is it that plans to achieve the most simple things have a habit of escalating out of control?

I had planned this weekend to stake two of my small trees that had suffered at the hands of the recent strong winds (near gale force) here in the south east. This should have taken no more than 20 to 30 minutes.

Step 1 - buy two stakes and tree ties – No problem

Step 2 - drive stake #1 into ground – No problem

Step 3 - attach tree to stake – aha small problem here several other shrubs hampering this as they are entangled with tree

Step 4 - first unplanned move – prune shrubs to release tree

Step 5 - repeat 2-4 for second tree

Step 6 - discover third tree that needs same treatment

Step 7 - repeat steps 1- 4 for third tree

Step 8 - stand back in awe of the ‘mountain’ of pruned shrubbery that now adorns the centre of my lawn

Step 9 - cut the prunings into reasonable sized lengths so that I am able to put into the car for transportation to the municipal dump

Step 10 - hot bath to ease my aching back muscles followed by a large gin & tonic

The whole thing only took 4 hours and I still have got the pleasure of dumping it all at the tip nextweekend!!

The whole thing only took 4 hours and I still have got the pleasure of dumping it all at the tip nextweekend!!

No comments: