Monday, August 27, 2007

Bank Holiday

Wow what a surprise a Bank Holiday weekend with some decent weather for a change!
So I have has my Mum staying for the week and at 86 she can't get around too much so to end her stay with some weather that she could enjoy in the garden was a real result. I spent a good deal of the time also in the garden but unfortunately at some rather menial tasks as opposed to sunbathing. I have put up some trellis in a sort of a 'tunnel' so that I can eventually train the yew trees around it to form an archway. The erection was not a problem but painting with fence paint was very messy, boring and fiddly.

Sadly I lost two of my pond fish this weekend. I am not sure why, but I suspect that they were at the surface because it was so hot and then became entangled in the floating plants. I have had seven of them for over 6 years so will have to replace them sometime.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm sure your Mum had a great time and I admire your energy in the garden. So sorry about your pond fish.