Monday, September 22, 2008

Ramblings from the weekend

On Saturday Mrs DeeJay and I went to the theatre at Dartford again, this time to see Dennis Locorriere (the voice of Dr Hook). It was a fantastic evening of a solo performance by Dennis singing many of the Dr Hook songs (of course the encore was Sylvia's Mother) plus many other songs both published and unpublished from his solo career which he has been performing since about 1999.

Sunday was spent partly gardening and at the allotment, picking probably the last of this year's runner beans and tended our newly planted winter vegetables and clearing the rest of the plot of weeds. I really don't know where the rest of the time went!

On Saturday morning we also continued our charity run training (my 3rd run in the sequence) when we completed a full 10k, so I now know that I can actually do it. The training was obviously working as it was getting easier each time but I had a small (or I hope it is small) setback this morning when we went for a 6k run. I had to pull up about half a mile from home as a niggling ache in my knee had become very painfull to run on. As I write it is still painfull but not swollen and not actually in the kne joint but somewhat beneath it. I have an appointment with a physio for later in the week and sincerely hope that it is recovered within the next 3 weeks.

No comments: