Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a weird weekend of weather

I suppose we should have expected it as it was a Bank Holiday!
Saturday started very damp and windy, but although the wind continued, the afternoon was very hot and sunny. Enough to tempt me and Mrs DeeJay to perform the dreaded weeding of the allotment where they were trying to stifle the poor seeds that are just shooting (cabbage, broad bean, dwarf bean, beetroot and carrot. The six rows of potatoes are coming on a treat as are the raspberries, gooseberries and rhubarb (some of which we pulled and stewed on Saturday). we also followed that with some garden clearance and grass cutting before resting for an hour, admiring our handiwork with a gin and tonic.

Sunday also started wet but cleared well enough for me to play golf in the afternoon. It was then that I realised just how much rain we had over the Friday and Saturday nights with a veritable lake across the third fairway with ducks swimming on it. I wish I had my camera with me.

Yesterday was another story - a complete washout! So I managed to spend some time practising my guitar playing which seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment so I have challenged myself to find a number that I will learn all the way through. Favourite, although maybe a little challenging towards the end is Throw Down The Sword by Wishbone Ash. I have just rediscovered them when I uncovered one of their albums in my collection that I haven't played for ages.

By the way did I tell you that I have been having acupuncture treatment?
I have been suffering quite badly with sinusitis and rhinitis since the beginning of the year and nothing my GP has given me has worked. 6 weeks ago I went to a local Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist and completed a 6 week course on Saturday. The improvement is quite marked and I am going to persevere with a second course which according to Dr Susan Sun will be a complete cure and also will have strengthened my Chi which according to her was low. Who am I to argue about something I know nothing about - I simply know that it seems to be working for me

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

Low chi no good?I hope the needles help raise it then.

I don't think we had quite as much rain over here as other parts of the country did but we certainly had enough.