Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The business trip to forget!

I have a meeting in Berlin tomorrow and Thursday that I would not have been able to get to on time if I left tomorrow morning, so I decided to go a bit earlier today and get some sightseeing in this afternoon as I have never visited Berlin before.
I left home at 06:30 this morning and at the time I was supposed to be landing in Berlin I was still in London.
As we were about to take off this morning the pilot performed an emergency stop on the taxi way as there was a flood of aviation fuel pouring from one of the wing tanks.
A troupe of firefighters led us from the plane and several hours later we boarded a plane to Munich where we then had to wait for a connection to Berlin. -- I arrived at 6 p.m. this evening - so much for the sightseeing!

To top it all I then realised that I had forgotten my security device that allows me to input realtime security codes to access my email etc via VPN, so I then spent 30 minutes on the phone to the helpdesk to get some emergency access. It was a good job I did as I already had over 100 new emails since Friday (what with Monday being a Bank Holiday in the UK) who knows how many it would have been up to by the time I get home on Friday.

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

look on the bright side.... the plane didn't catch fire... :-)