Thursday, October 4, 2007

My baby is sick!!

Some idiot car driver reversed into my poor defenceless motor cycle while it was quietly parked in the company car park yesterday. It fell over damaging the fairing, the steering, the clutch lever, the nearside mirror (that's the one on the left over here for my U.S. readers) and has possible radiator damage. I was not able to ride it home last night so had to arrange recovery to the dealer and then take the train home. It was a good thing I had a change of clothes in the office or I would have looked a right twat on the train in leathers and a crash helmet!

At least the car driver had the decency to own up and has given me his insurance details so I will hopefully soon have a repaired bike.

3 comments:

Tony said...

It is nice to see some honesty from the driver. I am reminded of the tale (urban legend?) of a man who hit a car in a car park. Apparently he wrote something like:
"Sorry for hitting your car. As I write this note people are looking at me thinking I am leaving my contact or insurance details for you, but I am not giving up my no claims bonus. Bye."

Ian Appleby said...

I'm really glad the driver left his actual details. It's happened to me twice, recently; the first time outside a bicycle shop, so at least I could borrow tools to straighten things out (something was fouling the steering, I forget what). Whoever had knocked it over had gone to the trouble of standing it back up, presumably thinking I wouldn't notice...

The second time, I heard it happen, and stood up in time to get the reg of the offending 4x4 (why did it not surprise me? we were in suburban Leeds, hardly Emmerdale Farm). Never stopped. I was so riled I took it to the police, thinking that failing to stop and report an accident was some sort of offence. You can probably guess how that one ended. Mind you, at least the bike was still ridable, and in fact only lost an indicator lens. Tough things, MZs.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sorry about that, deejay but I see you are taking it with good humour. Hope you get the bike back soon.