Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend snippets

This weekend was reasonable as far as the weather was concerned. Not too hot and not consistent sunshine but good enough to get out into the garden and on the allotment.
We cut the last of this year's cucumbers this weekend, had what is probably the penultimate picking of peas from the allotment

and the last pickings of runner beans. The raspberry canes continue to deliver up small offerings of fruit and the carrots are still good to pull.

All this is really good timing as we are off on holiday for 2 weeks next Tuesday and I would have hated for all this produce to go to waste. Oh and did I mention the tomatoes? Well they are cropping really well this year in the greenhouse but the ones we planted outdoors have suffered from all the rain.
Here are some garden pics



and also one of three dragonflys that were buzzing around the garden all weekend.

4 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

There are some enormous green dragon(flies) around these days, aren't there? I'm sure they are a recent invention!

Our tomatoes have been rubbish!

Lovely garden.

Furtheron said...

I spent a fair bit of time in the garden Sunday - however mine was the usual Furtheron on approach of hacking back stuff that had overgrown other stuff. The fushia I thought was lost is now at visible again although not looking too happy with itself!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Fabulous pics. I do miss runner beans and raspberries.

Anonymous said...

I still have masses of ridge cucumbers -I can pick ten at a time - these are the same as the ones Tescos sell for a pound each...

I have loads of Acorn Squashes - real over kill, and sweetcorn , cabbage, leeks, radishes and such right now..
Also sprouts and swedes growing nicely for the winter...

Still some potatoes (lates) in the ground, and I have just planted New potatoes aiming at Christmas...